These days, many people take supplements to aid their health and fight blood potassium levels, an irregular heartbeat and heart disease, muscle weakness issues, kidney disease, and blood pressure to name but a few. There are so many different types of supplements on the market these days, you can find one for pretty much anything like a magnesium deficiency or a lack of sodium and potassium. Popular options include supplements for vitamin deficiencies, herbal supplements, and also product such as potassium supplements.
Potassium is an electrolyte and it is important to the body because, in conjunction with sodium, it helps to regulate blood pressure. It also helps with the proper functioning of muscles and nerves as well as regulating fluid balance within the body. Other functions include improving bone health, aiding brain function, preventing muscle cramps, and stabilizing blood sugar levels.
You will find potassium in a number of different foods that you may eat regularly as part of your diet. Some potassium-rich foods include sweet potatoes, bananas, tomatoes, chicken, prune juice, and oranges amongst other things. Like many other nutrients, it often requires more than diet alone in order to ensure an adequate intake of potassium. In today’s fast-paced world many of us find it difficult to enjoy a varied and healthy diet. This means that we tend to miss out on valuable vitamins and nutrients, which is where supplements can prove helpful.
Last update on 2018-12-16 at 07:43 PST - Details
Considerations When Choosing Supplements
When it comes to choosing the right potassium supplements for your needs, there are a number of important points that you should consider. This will make it easier to make an informed decision with regards to the supplements you invest in. Some of the key considerations that you need to think about include:
- The cost of the supplements: It is important to consider the cost of the supplements, as you need to ensure that they fit in with your budget. Pricing can vary quite dramatically, but it is important that you do not opt for low quality in order to reduce costs. Also, consider the number of tablets or amount of powder you get, as you may be getting far more for your money than some of the cheaper options.
- How many you receive per bottle: You need to look at how many tablets or how much powder you get with the supplement you are considering. You can then work out how long it is likely to last before you have to reorder. This will enable you to determine the overall value for money offered as opposed to just looking at the cost.
- The suitability of the ingredients: You may have certain sensitivities or be a vegetarian. You should, therefore, check the ingredients to ensure that the product is safe and suitable for you to take. This will also enable you to check and see whether there are any artificial ingredients or anything that may be deemed unsafe.
- Whether they are free from artificial flavors, preservatives, and colors: If you want to enjoy potassium supplements in their purest form, check to ensure there are no artificial flavors, preservatives, or colors.
- Whether they are suitable for vegetarians (if applicable): Many capsules are not suitable for vegetarians because of the capsule casing. Therefore, if you are purchasing supplements and you are a vegetarian, double check to ensure suitability before you purchase.
- The reputation of the company/manufacturer: If you have never used or heard of the manufacturer before, it is worth doing a little research. This will enable you to determine the reputation and reliability of the manufacturer or supplier before you make your purchase.
- Consumer reviews from those who have already tried the product: It is also worth looking at reviews from consumers who have already tried the supplements you are considering. You will then be able to make a more informed decision based on the opinions of those that have tried and tested the supplements.
- Any certification or verification: Another thing to look at is whether the supplement has received any verification or certification from an industry body. This can provide you with greater peace of mind.
Looking at these factors in combination will make it easier for you to choose the right product for your needs.
Some of The Top Potassium Supplements
If you want to boost your health by adding a potassium supplement to your routine, you will find a variety of options available. However, you need to bear in mind that not all potassium supplements are the same. You may come across low-quality ones that are ineffective or could pose health risks. This is why you should always opt for high-quality supplements so that you benefit from the positive effects and you enjoy greater peace of mind.
So, let’s take a look at some of the top potassium supplements that you can consider:
Last update on 2018-12-16 at 07:43 PST - Details
As you can see, there are many options available if you want to improve your potassium levels through the use of supplements. Whether you prefer powder, tablets, or capsules you will find something to suit your needs. Of course, as with any supplements, you need to be very careful and only choose high-quality products. Also, if you have any concerns or you are on other medication, it is best to speak to your doctor about taking these supplements to ensure that it is safe.
Potassium supplements provide you with a convenient and affordable way to boost your potassium levels, which is particularly important for those that do not get a very varied diet. You do need to ensure that you also eat a healthy and balanced diet, and try to incorporate various foods that are rich in potassium. Remember, these supplements are only there to boost your potassium levels not to provide your entire daily potassium intake.