Have you ever wondered why people opt for cleansing? Cleansing is a process that helps to get rid of toxins in our body and to renew its energy. In the modern world, a lot of us have an obsession to get rid of waste chemicals in our body at One Shot. For many, Cleansing is a reason to lose weight.
A quick fix to detox and cleanse the system is what we all look for. In this fast-paced world, we need instant ‘fix and forget’ type of solutions. But our body can detox and cleanse naturally. All it needs is a well-balanced diet that has ample of fiber, fruits and vegetables, whole grains and more.
Well-balanced diet on a daily basis aids our immune system and our vital body parts like liver, kidneys, lungs to perform their task to detox on their own naturally. To have a naturally-inspired cleansing routine, follow a healthy diet with healthy juices and veggie blends on a regular basis.
Looking for a simple but wonder tonic to cleanse and restore your body? ‘Carrot juice Cleansing Tonic’ will meet your purpose. Packed with the goodness of carrot, apple, celery, lime and honey this refreshing juice cleanses and detoxifies your body. The magic of this mouth watering blend lies in its incredible flavor that ensures to revitalize the deteriorating energy levels in our system.
Along with a whole lot of health benefits, the carrots and apples provide an abundance of natural sweetness that blends amazingly with the subtle savory, salty taste of celery. The clear honey soothes your throat, but the tangy lime is the one that adds an ‘edge’ to this tonic. What more could you ask from a juice tonic? Moreover, its bright orangish color looks appealing too. But, you need to relish this juice on a regular basis to give your system a regular clean-out.
You may wonder ‘How to make carrot juice?’ that acts as a good juice boost. Preparing ‘Carrot juice Cleansing Tonic’ is a breeze. The recipe calls for just 5 ingredients namely carrots, apples, celery, lime and honey.
This tasty cleansing tonic is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and also a kids-friendly juice. It can be prepared in large quantities and refrigerated for later use as and when required.
Apart from the above mentioned fruits, you can include Clementine or grapes also to enhance its tanginess and flavor. Feel free to experiment with various seasonal fruits, veggies that blend well with carrot.
Carrot Juice Cleansing Tonic
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: No Cooking is required except for 2 minutes to blend the juice.
- 4 carrots, large sized, peeled and cubed
- 1 apple medium sized
- 2 celery Stalks
- Juice of 12 Lime
What I have added to sweeten the tonic
Clear honey to sweeten to taste
Optional Ingredients to enhance taste and health quotient of this tonic:
- 1 medium sized Clementine
- A handful of green grapes
- A small piece of ginger to add zing to your juice
- A pinch each of salt and pepper to enhance the taste
The method of preparing this vegetable and fruit based cleansing tonic is very simple and uncomplicated. It can be prepared by anyone including those who are new to cooking. It involves just 3 steps like washing the fruits and veggies, chopping and blending them. That’s it! As simple as that! Now let us go through the detailed instructions on how to go about with this recipe.
- Wash carrots, apple and celery separately using a large colander. Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Using a sharp knife and roughly chop the celery stalks and leaves into similar sized pieces.
- Scrub the carrots; peel them with the help of a peeler. Dice them into small sized cubes using a chopping board.
- Quarter the apple and carefully remove the core. Cut the quartered apple pieces into small sixed cubes.
- To blend smooth juices and tonics on a daily basis, you need a good juicer mixer that is in a good condition. Wash and pat dry the juicer jar before each use.
- Push half of the prepared fruits and vegetables through a juicer, pulse them till they are coarsely grinded.
- Add the remaining half of carrots, apple and celery. Blend them until they are smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the juice to a large bowl or container.
- Add lime juice and honey. Stir well.
- It is always better to taste the juice and adjust the seasoning before serving. Check for sweetness or tanginess in the carrot tonic. Add more amount of lime juice or honey as per your preference.
- My family needs a ‘punch’ in such vegetable based juices. So, I prefer adding a dash of salt and freshly grounded pepper to make it more interesting. You can also try to incorporate this or any other kind of spices to boost its taste and flavor. A pinch of red chilly powder too adds taste and color to this tonic. Choice is yours!
- Mix well to combine the seasoning with the juice. Pour it into a serving glass.
- Serve immediately or you can refrigerate for an hour and serve chilled also.
Benefits of Carrot Juice Cleansing Tonic
- Carrot and apple add volume to the juice, and it is filling. This serves as a good breakfast blend also. You can have this juice for breakfast along with a bowl of nuts. I’m sure your tummy will feel happy until lunch time. If not for breakfast, it perfectly suits to satisfy your mid-morning hunger when you are busy at your work.
- The health benefits of this juice are many. Each and every ingredient in this recipe contributes to its health proportion.
- Carrots are rich in antioxidants and have a good supply of vitamins A, C, and beta-carotene. It has a good amount of fiber and antioxidant properties. They help in flushing the toxins from the body. That is the reason behind carrot being the main ingredient in this cleansing tonic. Moreover, a carrot juice helps to control or improve the health of those who are suffering from depression, diabetes, ulcer, asthma, arthritis, constipation and more. It enhances eye sight and hair growth also. It acts as a natural agent to detoxify kidneys.
- Apples have good sources of Vitamin B and are rich in valuable antioxidants, flavanoids and dietary fiber. It has an immense quantity of antioxidants properties that are essential for good health. Regular consumption of apples reduces the risk of developing cancer, diabetes, heart disease and hypertension. As it is rich in dietary fiber, it helps in weight loss also.
- Celery is one of the essential ingredients in any cleansing juice due to its excellent source of antioxidants and useful enzymes. It helps to improve the immune system and reduces blood pressure. Its anti-inflammatory property contributes to lower cholesterol in our system.
- Apart from rendering a nice tangy flavor to the juice, lemon or lime balances blood sugar levels also. The powerful anti-bacterial properties present in lime makes it a remedy to various health issues like constipation, indigestion, skin and hair problems, respiratory and urinary disorders and more. Regular usage of lime juice in our daily food, especially in juices and blends, boosts our immunity.
- Honey is considered as one of the natural healing agents right from ancient times. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties help to cure cold, sore throat, wounds and burns, gastrointestinal problems and more. It also contributes to balance blood sugar levels in our body.
Additional tips to make this cleansing tonic even healthier and appetizing.
- While juicing celery, do not remove their stalk. The stems contain all the benefits and flavors. Chop them into small pieces and pass through the juicer along with leaves. Moreover, adding stalks enhances the taste and aroma of the juice.
- Always prefer to use fruits and vegetables that are organically grown even if it is slightly expensive. When we aim to cleanse our body, we don’t want to load it with additional chemical found in non-organic ingredients, right? In case, if you are living in a location where procuring organic things are difficult, take care to scrub the non-organic fruits and veggies especially carrots well, wash and peel them before use.
- To have maximum flavor and taste in our juices, always prefer to use freshly bought fruits and vegetable. We store them in the fridge for our convenience. But eventually, they lose their freshness, flavor over few days. So, while preparing this cleansing juice always use freshly bought or ‘straight from your garden’ type of fruits and veggies.
- If you don’t find time to prepare this juice in morning, make this in the evening or whenever you are free, store them in fridge. You can relish this juice in the morning or while travelling to work or you can pack and carry it along with you to have it in office while working especially during mid mornings.
- Keep your juice tonic simple. Do not overload it with too many veggies, fruits and spices. Juices with the simplest combinations always prove to be the most delicious one. You cannot have it regularly if it is loaded with so many ingredients that give a heavy texture and multiple flavors. Cleansing tonics should be light but filling, packed with subtle flavors and also appetizing enough to wake up your senses.
Juices made with fresh vegetables and fruits are always packed with nutrients and have wonderful health benefits. They quench our thirst with amazing flavors. Similarly this recipe Carrot Juice Cleansing Tonic not only helps in detoxifying our body but also instantly refreshes our energy and incredibly appeals to our eyes.
Hope you found this recipe simple and suitable to cleanse your system?
Did you found this tutorial on ‘Carrot Juice Cleansing Tonic’ useful?
Feel free to come back with your doubts and also do let us know how the juice turned out.